Hip hop news updates: How I met my mother-in-law: the daughter-in-law of a rock legend

Saturday, February 10, 2024

How I met my mother-in-law: the daughter-in-law of a rock legend


Meeting your new boyfriend's mother is a big moment for anyone. Pity, then, British model and singer Marieangela King, whose first meeting with the woman who is now her mother-in-law was unimaginably intimidating.



That's because her boyfriend's mother is none other than Cher, the iconic pop star and Oscar-winning actress, who has sold over 100 million records worldwide and is known as the "Goddess of Pop".


King, who goes by the stage name Queenie, met Cher's son Elijah Blue Allman, a musician and artist, in 2013. They fell in love and eloped in 2014, without telling Cher or anyone else.


"I was so nervous to meet her, I was shaking," King recalls. "She's such a legend, and I admire her so much. I didn't know what to expect."


But King says Cher was very welcoming and supportive of their relationship. "She hugged me and said, 'I'm so happy you're here. You're beautiful and I love you.' She was so sweet and genuine."


King says she and Cher have since developed a close bond, and that Cher treats her like a daughter. "She's always there for me, giving me advice and encouragement. She's very wise and funny. She's like a fairy godmother to me."


King, who is also a mother of two, says she and Allman are very happy together, and that they share a passion for music and art. She says Cher is very proud of their work, and often attends their shows and exhibitions.


"She's amazing, and I'm so lucky to have her in my life," King says. "She's not just my mother-in-law, she's my friend."


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home