Hip hop news updates: Biggie's Mom Expresses Anger Toward Diddy Over Assault Allegations

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Biggie's Mom Expresses Anger Toward Diddy Over Assault Allegations

  

In the midst of ongoing allegations of sexual assault and violence against Sean Combs, known widely as Diddy, Voletta Wallace, the mother of the late rapper The Notorious B.I.G., has publicly expressed her outrage. The former close relationship between Diddy and her son is overshadowed by the disturbing claims against the music mogul.



Speaking to Rolling Stone, Wallace reacted strongly to recent footage showing Diddy allegedly assaulting his former partner Cassie. "I’m sick to my stomach," she stated. "I’m praying for Cassie. I’m praying for his mother. I don’t want to believe the things that I’ve heard, but I’ve seen [the hotel video]. I pray that he apologizes to her."


In her impassioned remarks, Wallace did not hold back her frustration and anger. "I hope that I see Sean one day and the only thing I want to do is slap the daylights out of him. And you can quote me on that. Because I liked him. I didn’t want to believe all the awful things, but I’m so ashamed and embarrassed," she added.


Her comments come on the heels of a comprehensive Rolling Stone investigation, which includes testimonies from over 50 individuals connected to Diddy throughout his career. The allegations date back to his time at Howard University in the late 1980s and extend through his rise in the music industry.


The investigation details numerous incidents of alleged abuse. One particularly shocking account involves Diddy reportedly beating a woman with a belt. Other allegations include a brutal attack on late Def Jam executive Shakir Stewart and an assault on a woman in Bad Boy Records' office in 1994.


The report further claims that Diddy harassed a graphic designer at a party celebrating his acquittal in a 1999 nightclub shooting case, an incident that left a lasting impression of discomfort and distress on the victim.


Adding to the controversy are insights into Diddy's relationships within the hip hop community. Photographer Monique Bunn suggested that Diddy was envious of The Notorious B.I.G.'s friendship with Tupac Shakur, claiming that Tupac saw Diddy as a "corny executive" and had little respect for him.


These allegations and the public fallout have significantly tarnished Diddy's image, as figures from within the industry, including Dame Dash, have voiced their loss of respect for him. As the story continues to unfold, the impact on Diddy’s legacy remains to be seen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home