Keri Hilson Rejects the Idea of Soulmates: 'We Should Have Conditions'

Celebrity Trending
0

 



Singer and actress Keri Hilson has opened up about her views on love and relationships, and she doesn't buy into the romantic notion of soulmates. In a recent interview with Fox Soul's Out Loud with Claudia Jordan, Hilson shared her thoughts on what makes a healthy and realistic partnership.


"I don't believe in unconditional love. I think that's a myth," she said. "I think we should have conditions. I think we should have standards and expectations. And I think that's how we get the best out of our partners and ourselves."


Hilson, who stars in the upcoming Lifetime movie Lust: A Seven Deadly Sins Story, explained that she believes love is a choice, not a destiny. She said that she doesn't subscribe to the idea that some couples are "made for each other" or that there is only one person for everyone.


"I think that's a very limiting way to look at love," she said. "I think that love is abundant and there are many people that we can connect with on different levels and in different ways. And I think that we have to be open to that and not limit ourselves to this one ideal of what love is supposed to look like."


Hilson, who has been in a relationship with former NFL player Ricardo Lockette since 2017, said that she is very happy with her current partner, but she also knows that she has to work on herself and her own happiness.


"I think that we have to be whole and complete within ourselves first," she said. "And then we can attract someone who is also whole and complete and then we can complement each other and not complete each other."


Hilson, who has faced backlash in the past for her comments about Beyoncé, also revealed that she has made peace with the superstar and that she regrets throwing shade at her in her music.


"I made a decision that was not authentic to who I truly am and of course I regret it," she said. "She actually has introduced herself. It was a gracious moment. I appreciated it. I feel like she understood what happened, what had transpired and there was a bit of healing in that moment when we met."


Hilson's new movie, Lust: A Seven Deadly Sins Story, premieres on Saturday, April 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Lifetime. It is based on the novel by Victoria Christopher Murray and is part of a two-movie series produced by T.D. Jakes. The second movie, Envy: A Seven Deadly Sins Story, will air on Saturday, April 17 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. ¹


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)