Hip hop news updates: Kanye West's Apology to Jewish Community Sparks Backlash from Peter Rosenberg

Friday, December 29, 2023

Kanye West's Apology to Jewish Community Sparks Backlash from Peter Rosenberg

 


Kanye West's recent apology to the Jewish community for his antisemitic comments has been met with skepticism and criticism from radio and TV personality Peter Rosenberg.

Download The world news app and enjoy additional content



The Australian rapper and singer Iggy Azalea has announced that she will be performing at the 2024 AVN Awards, the prestigious event that honors the best in adult entertainment.


The rapper, who is preparing to release his new album Vultures with Ty Dolla $ign on Friday, posted a lengthy statement on his Instagram account on Tuesday, expressing his regret for his remarks and praising the Jewish people for their contributions to humanity.


"I want to apologize to the Jewish community for the hurtful and divisive words that I said in a recent interview," West wrote. "I do not harbor any ill will towards anyone. I respect and love everyone regardless of their faith or background."


West also claimed that he was "misinformed" and "misunderstood" when he made his controversial comments, which included accusing Jewish people of controlling the media and the world, and comparing himself to Hitler.


"I was speaking from a place of frustration and anger and I did not intend to offend anyone," he continued. "I have learned a lot from this experience and I will continue to educate myself and grow as a person. I have great admiration and respect for the Jewish people and their rich history and culture. They have given so much to the world and I am grateful for their friendship and support."


However, West's apology did not convince Rosenberg, who is Jewish and has been vocal about his disdain for West's antics. In an interview with TMZ on Thursday, the Hot97 host accused West of using Chat GPT, a powerful text generator, to craft his "inauthentic" apology, and suggested that he had ulterior motives for doing so.


"I thought [upon hearing Kanye's apology], 'I wonder what the sample is that Kanye needs to try and clear before Friday,'" Rosenberg said. "We all know Kanye notoriously is late with handling album stuff and I just wonder whether there was something getting held up and someone said, 'Hey, this sample does not get cleared if he does not issue an apology.' And like you said, he just goes on Chat GPT and boom, we get an 'apology.' Of course [I'm not buying it.]"


Rosenberg also slammed West for his lack of sincerity and accountability, and questioned his mental health and stability.


"He's not sorry. He doesn't care. He's a narcissist. He's a sociopath. He's a megalomaniac. He's a lunatic," Rosenberg said. "He needs help. He needs therapy. He needs medication. He needs to get off social media. He needs to stop talking to the public. He needs to go away and work on himself and his family and his music and leave us alone."


Rosenberg added that he was not interested in listening to West's new album, and urged his fans to boycott his music and merchandise.


"I'm not going to support him. I'm not going to give him any money. I'm not going to give him any streams. I'm not going to give him any attention. I

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home