Hip hop news updates: Single mum with beards says men are scared of her

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Single mum with beards says men are scared of her


A single mum who suffers from a rare condition that causes excessive hair growth on her face has revealed how men are afraid to date her.



Sara Jones, 34, was diagnosed with hirsutism when she was 18 years old. Hirsutism is a hormonal disorder that affects up to 10% of women and causes male-pattern hair growth¹.


Sara, who works as a nurse, said she has been bullied and harassed for her appearance since she was a teenager. She said she has tried various methods to remove her facial hair, such as shaving, waxing, threading, and laser treatment, but none of them worked for long.


"I have been called names like 'beast', 'wolf', and 'gorilla' by strangers and even some of my relatives," Sara said. "I have been rejected by men who said they were disgusted by me. I have been told to kill myself because I am an abomination."


Sara, who has a 10-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, said she has given up on finding love because men are too intimidated by her beards.



"I have not dated anyone for over five years. I have tried online dating, but as soon as I send them my picture, they block me or ghost me," Sara said. "I have accepted that I will be alone for the rest of my life. I don't think any man can handle me."


Sara said she has learned to embrace her condition and hopes to inspire other women who suffer from hirsutism to love themselves.


"I am not ashamed of who I am. I am a strong, independent, and beautiful woman. I have a daughter who loves me and supports me. I have a career that I enjoy and that helps others. I have a lot to be grateful for," Sara said. "I want to tell other women who have hirsutism that they are not alone. They are not freaks. They are not less than anyone else. They are worthy of respect and happiness."


Sara said she has recently started a YouTube channel where she shares her story and offers advice to other women with hirsutism. She said she has received positive feedback and messages of encouragement from her viewers.


"I want to use my platform to raise awareness and educate people about hirsutism. I want to break the stigma and the stereotypes that surround this condition. I want to show the world that I am more than my beards," Sara said.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home