Hip hop news updates: 50 Cent Calls Out Diddy Over Apology for Brutal Cassie Assault

Monday, May 20, 2024

50 Cent Calls Out Diddy Over Apology for Brutal Cassie Assault

 

50 Cent is not letting Diddy off the hook after the Bad Boy boss apologized for assaulting his ex-girlfriend Cassie in 2016. The incident, captured in leaked footage, showed Diddy brutally kicking, hitting, and dragging Cassie in a hotel hallway. Despite Diddy’s swift apology, 50 Cent remains critical.


In an Instagram video, Diddy expressed remorse: “It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life, but sometimes you got to do that. I was messed up — I mean, I hit rock bottom — but I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions. I’m disgusted. I was disgusted then when I did it. I’m disgusted now.”

Diddy continued, “I’m so sorry. But I’m committed to being a better man each day. I’m not asking for forgiveness. I’m truly sorry.”

However, 50 Cent, a longtime foe of Diddy, wasn’t buying it. He posted the clip on his own Instagram page, commenting, “This is not going to work. Who is advising him right now? SMH bad move.”

Fif also shared a screenshot of Cassie’s response to Diddy’s apology, which she called “disingenuous.” He added, “I understand how she feels seeing him apologize without addressing her after this video gets out. It makes it feel like he wasn’t thinking of how she felt having to see it. SMH, where is his crisis management PR team? That was a bad move.”

Earlier, 50 Cent commented on the shocking assault footage after the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced they couldn’t charge Diddy due to the statute of limitations.

Additionally, 50 Cent reposted Diddy’s previous statement from December, where he flat-out denied all sexual assault allegations. In response, 50 joked, “The lie detector test has determined this was a lie… Maury vibes.”


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home