Hip hop news updates: Nicki Minaj Tips Her Hat to 'King of Dancehall' Beenie Man at London Show

Friday, May 31, 2024

Nicki Minaj Tips Her Hat to 'King of Dancehall' Beenie Man at London Show

 

Nicki Minaj surprised her fans with a special appearance from the legendary Beenie Man during the London stop of her Pink Friday 2 World Tour. The performance, which took place earlier this week, was one of many treats Minaj had in store for her UK audience .



Minaj, who has been touring extensively, delighted the crowd not only with her own hits but also by bringing out Beenie Man to perform some of his biggest songs, including "Dude" and "Rum & Red Bull." In addition to Beenie Man, Minaj also welcomed Stylo G and Giggs to the stage, further electrifying the audience .


Reflecting on the moment, Minaj took to social media to express her admiration for Beenie Man. On X (formerly Twitter), she wrote, "I just performed with the KING OF DANCEHALL. One of the most talented musicians that I looked to for inspiration my entire career. I can’t believe this is my life sometimes. Wow. came to #GAGCITYLONDON yall!!!!!!! One of my heroes. I love this man so much. @KingBeenieMan."


She continued her praise on Instagram, sharing photos and videos from the night. "What’s left to be said that I haven’t yet said about my ‘2nd home’ London in 15 years? I adore you. I do. Always have. One of my biggest music heroes came out for me last night. He’s inspired me well b4 & beyond my 1st album. Thank you, King. @kingbeenieman Thank you @officialstylog & @officialgiggs London, I’ll see you @ again @ wireless real soon," Minaj wrote.


Minaj's Pink Friday 2 World Tour has been a major success, prompting her to extend the tour with an additional 22 dates in North America. The new leg will kick off in September in Philadelphia and will include stops in major cities like Washington, DC, Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles, and more, before concluding in her hometown of Queens in October.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home