Mustard Claims He Wasn't Aware Of Kendrick Lamar Using His Beat Specifically For Drake Diss

Celebrity Trending
0

 

Los Angeles-based producer Mustard has expressed surprise and disbelief upon discovering that his beat was used by Kendrick Lamar for the diss track aimed at Drake, titled "Not Like Us."

Stream football,movies ,and action series for free ...and get a free flying visa to Dubai South Africa vacation for 1week ..let's enjoy together

Alternatively💰💰🔥 👇👇

Get more Entertainment as you earn 😉 $1000 for free 





In an exclusive interview with XXL, Mustard revealed that he had no prior knowledge of the beat's intended use. "I made that beat on my manager’s birthday [April 6]," Mustard recounted. "I sent [Kendrick] maybe three [beats] that day. He just hearted it. I didn’t hear it ’til [the song] came out."


The revelation caught Mustard off guard, as he explained the moment he first heard the track: "When I heard it, I was on the freeway, and my manager hit me up, saying, 'Mustard on the Beat,' asking me to text him immediately. Confused by the sudden messages, I called my manager to inquire further."


Mustard continued, recounting the unfolding events: "He said, 'Man, go to YouTube right now. It’s out.' I’m like, 'What?' He’s like, 'Dot just dropped a song. It’s your beat.' I’m like, 'For real?' I go, I listen, I’m like, 'Whoa!' I started going crazy."


The track "Not Like Us" has stirred significant attention, with Mustard amplifying its success by teasing his forthcoming collaboration with Travis Scott, titled "Parking Lot." The producer recently shared a preview of their studio session via Instagram, announcing a release date of Friday, June 21.


Additionally, "Not Like Us" will feature on Mustard’s upcoming album, *Faith of a Mustard Seed*, scheduled for release on July 26. This album follows his 2019 hit record *Perfect 10*, which included popular tracks like "Pure Water" with Migos and "Ballin’" featuring Roddy Ricch.


Mustard’s unexpected entry into the realm of high-profile diss tracks underscores his versatile production skills and the unpredictable nature of collaborations within the hip-hop industry.

Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)