Hip hop news updates: Lil Uzi Vert to Remove All Tattoos: "I Want a Fresh Start"

Friday, December 29, 2023

Lil Uzi Vert to Remove All Tattoos: "I Want a Fresh Start"

 

Download The world news app and enjoy additional content


Lil Uzi Vert, the eccentric rapper known for his colorful hair and face tattoos, has revealed that he is planning to remove all of his ink in the near future.


In a candid interview with Ryan Leuteritz for L.A. Weekly, the Philly native opened up about his decision to undergo laser tattoo removal and start anew.


"I don't have a favorite tattoo anymore. I used to love them, but now I feel like they don't represent me anymore. They're just a reminder of my past, and I want to move on from that," he said.


Lil Uzi Vert, whose real name is Symere Woods, has been in the spotlight since his breakout hit "XO Tour Llif3" in 2017. Since then, he has released two studio albums, Eternal Atake and Luv Is Rage 2, and collaborated with artists such as Travis Scott, Future, and Kanye West.


However, he has also faced some controversies and challenges in his personal and professional life. He was involved in a public feud with his former label, Generation Now, over his contract and creative control. He also made headlines for implanting a $24 million pink diamond on his forehead, which he later removed after reportedly being injured by a fan.


Lil Uzi Vert said that he wants to reinvent himself and focus on his music and happiness.


"I want a fresh start. I want to be free from all the negativity and drama that I've been through. I want to be myself, not what people expect me to be. I want to make music that makes me and my fans happy, not what the industry wants me to make," he said.


He added that he has already started the process of removing his tattoos, which he estimates will take about a year to complete.


"It's painful, but it's worth it. I'm ready for a new chapter in my life. I'm ready to be Lil Uzi Vert 2.0," he said..


Source: Conversation with Bing, 12/29/2023

(1) Getty Images. .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home